- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Test Engineer L5360
NATS is looking to recruit experienced test engineers to work on the development of its future SESAR compliant platform, due to enter service by 2023. The new system will be based on a world leading, high availability cloud computing platform.
NATS is the UK leading air navigation service provider, providing services to both civil and military aviation. Defence and civil air traffic control systems/services include:
- Large safety related/safety critical software applications
- Air traffic control workstations and tools
- Flight data processing systems
- Surveillance processing systems
- VHF/UHF VOIP based communications, both secure and plain language
This advert is for two testers to work on the Flight Data Processing Service, to work on Service level testing activities: writing test designs, procedures and scripts, integration activities, verification testing, raising / investigating observations, writing test reports.
Work experience, skills and competencies
Candidates should have expertise in the different life cycle development models and methodologies used to develop and test large software intensive platforms, as well as possessing some or all of the following competencies:
- Production of Test plans, design/case/procedure specification
- Test reporting and conduction of Test readiness reviews
- System/service integration
- System/service verification
- System/service transition
- Work package management
- System/service build management
- VCRM management
- Observation, evidence and ticket management
- Architecture modelling e.g UML/SysML/BPMN
Candidates should have experience of testing large systems/services developments such as:
- Automated testing
- SIEM and cyber security
Knowledge of the following tools
- HP Quality Centre
- Preferably a relevant engineering, IT or science based degree. Minimum of HND/HNC in a relevant engineering, IT or science based subject.
- Applicants not holding the expected qualification but who have extensive engineering / IT experience will be considered.
- Other qualifications that maybe advantageous:
- ITIL Foundation/Practitioner
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.