- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Supply Chain Director, Materials
Are you an experienced Supply Chain Manager / Leader with materials knowledge that is interested in living and working in Canada? If so, read below or contact me on Louise.Lees@matchtech.com to find out more!
Are you interested in living and working in Canada? Based in the lively city of Halifax, Nova Scotia, the Client are building the new fleet of ships for the Royal Canadian Navy. They are looking for an experienced Senior Manager with a background in Supply Chain Management and Material control to join them - could this be you?
Reporting to the Vice President, Supply Chain - the suitable applicant will be responsible for the execution of the Materials and delivery performance of supplied parts in support of the Business. The successful Supply Chain Director will be working closely with the Planning and Production teams, providing leadership to ensure that all production strategy requirements are met, effectively and efficiently by the suppliers. They will need to direct and manage all logistical activities relating to inbound receipt, storage and distribution within the production facility.
Other key responsibilities include:
- Ensuring that production is planned effectively within the materials group capability, actively managing any constraints and resolving these as required
- Directing and managing the delivery of all products and services from external suppliers which may include raw materials, equipment, commodities, finished parts and subcontractors.
- Building relationships at executive level with suppliers to enable that any issues and process improvement opportunities are addressed in an effectively and timely manner.
- Continually addressing any potential supply risks and building appropriate mitigation strategies and contingency plans to avoid these risks at any cause.
- Continuously improving and developing the capability of the organization, assigning supply chain professionals to progress the aims and objectives of the Company.
- Driving continuous improvement across all operational process within the business.
The successful applicant should possess the following qualifications and education:
- Bachelor's degree or similar in a relevant discipline with professional accreditations is essential, or an MBA is an advantage
- Proven history of management and leadership in Supply Chain Management, logistics and material control
- Experience in modern Shipbuilding, heavy engineering, capital projects or Defense would be an advantage
- Key competencies:
- Managing vision and purpose
- Drive for results
- Conflict management and consensus building
- Building effective teams
- Developing people
To apply or find out more, contact me on Louise.Lees@matchtech.com.
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.