- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Training Specialist (Product Lifecycle Management)
Are you an experienced Trainer or Training Specialist that has a desire to live and work in Canada? If so, we are looking for someone just like you!
The Training Specialist (PLM) will be working with a leading Shipbuilding company based in the gorgeous and vibrant city of Halifax, Nova Scotia, supporting on the build of the new ships for the Royal Canadian Navy.
Reporting into the Business Architect for the Integrated Data Environment (IDE) team, the Training Specialist will be responsible for the development of training plans, training material and delivering training for the Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) implementation.
The successful person will need to be able to deliver individual and group training which will cover technical and operation aspects for the PLM implementation. They will also need to have experience in and be confident to develop training programs and/or utilize vendor-training programs, which meet the Company's goals and objectives.
Other key responsibilities include:
- Creating training outlines and determining teaching methods, specific to the effectiveness of training methods such as individual training, group instructions, lectures, demonstrations, conferences, meetings and workshops.
- Create training aids, including training handbooks, demonstration methods, technical visual aids and computerised workshops / tutorials.
- Evaluate effectiveness of training development programs and utilizing relevant evaluation data to revise or suggest amendments
- Create a training needs analysis and provide advice on training for system change and upgrades as required.
The suitable applicant should possess the following experience / qualifications:
- Degree or other tertiary qualifications in a discipline of Business or equivalent experience would be essential
- Proven training, teaching and/or facilitating experience
- Ability to plan and prioritize work
- Strong communication skills with internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent understanding of delivering training practices
- Previous practical experience working with data and reporting
- Strong MS Office skills
- An understanding of Java, Windows based desktops and web technologies
- Ability to demonstrate systems analysis skills, critical thinking and problem solving
- Experience in the following fields:
- Engineering and/or Project Management on large and complex defence engineering projects
- Coordination with a complex organization
- Product Lifecycle Management or Windchill experience is desirable.
- Strong Technical skills and familiarity with DND/RN terminology is desirable but not essential.
Contact me on Louise.Lees@matchtech.com to discuss further.
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.