- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Product Safety and Compliance Engineer
Our client are an innovative and growing company who are looking to recruit a Product Safety and Compliance Engineer to work with their Projects team.
As Product Safety and Compliance Engineer you will play a key role in ensuring that all new products including automated machinery, robotics, AGV's and wireless products meet the safety and regulatory requirements appropriate for the country of use.
As the company expands globally, having the right expertise in place to make sure our products are safe and compliant, as well to analyse and resolve any potential field- related safety issues, is vital to the success of the business.
What you can expect to be doing:
- Providing regulatory guidance and support to key customers/collaborators
- Conducting product safety evaluations or managing out-sourced product testing/certification as required
- Reviewing existing and emerging legislation for potential impacts and proposing compliance plans
- Performing and coordinating hazard and risk assessments for new product designs
- Compilation and maintenance of technical files for certification and regulatory compliance
- Review & approve safety related information prepared for manufacturing, end-users and service personnel (e.g. product testing, user guides, maintenance etc)
- Review and prepare compliance reports for product certification, regulatory bodies and management as required
- Support the development and implementation of internal safety processes and procedures
Skills/qualifications we need to see:
- Technically proficient in all areas of Mechanical and Electrical machinery safety
- Experience interfacing with external regulatory bodies
- Safety Auditing experience
- Experience in applying current European Directives and Standards pertaining to highly automated warehouses including automated machinery and robotics
- Experience in achieving certification for products outside of the EU
- Ability to support Mechanical and Electrical Design engineers in the design of appropriate safety systems and safety architecture to meet required product standards
- Ability to lead Task and Design based risk assessments
- Ability to create system test and validation plans
- Experience in the completion of EHSRs for Machinery Safety and the provision of body of evidence for CE Marking and regulatory compliance
- Ability to support and negotiate with suppliers for required certification / compliance deliverables
- Skills/experience that would be nice to have:
- Knowledge of EMC testing/compliance and certification of Radio Products
- Knowledge of functional safety systems including SIL/PL assessments (e.g. Functional Safety Certified Eng)
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.