- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
My client is looking for a Mechanical Fitter for a workshop role based in Caldicot. Need to have experience in plastic pipework/fabrication. Long term work starting ASAP.
This position will be responsible for undertaking mechanical installation/fabrication of Water Technologies (WT's) Products and Systems by working under own initiative with minimal supervision, to provide our customers with the highest levels of service possible, the work will encompass planning and installation with support for commissioning.
- Fabricating and welding base frames
- Fabricating FRP Electrolyser housings
- Designing and installing pipe and cable tray runs
- Plastic and metal pipe work assembly
- Pneumatic and hydraulic pressure testing of completed assemblies
- Installation of DC cables and instrument cables
- Assisting in the inspection of goods inwards
Knowledge, Skills & Other:
- Must have full UK driving license
- Must have the sound engineering knowledge
- CSCS - Preferred
- Must be customer focused with high standard of workmanship and great attention to detail.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret engineering drawings, general arrangement drawings, flow diagrams and follow bills of materials.
- Should have served a mechanical apprenticeship or have NVQ level 3 in mechanical engineering equivalent or higher.
- Experienced in the fabrication and installation of fibreglass or plastic pipework is desirable.
- First Aid trained will be useful.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.