- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Fuze Engineer - Glascoed - 6 months - £30.00ph LTD/UMB. PAYE rates also available
Involved in the management, development and delivery of complex munition products. A Fuze Engineer will contribute to the development of new Fuzing technology as well as helping to deliver systems into service. In-service support is also an important part of the Fuze and Guidance Team's responsibilities; this may involve support to manufacturing, testing or incident management support.
This role will require technical report writing, trials and test support including safety documentation and stakeholder management.
Fuzes provide a unique opportunity to work across multiple munitions and products as well as all stages of the lifecycle.
Your main responsibilities as a Systems Engineer (Fuze) will involve:
- Planning and subsequent delivery of engineering tasks within your designated project
- Designing and implementing new technologies that add value to the business
- Preparation of test specifications for product acceptance
- Designing and managing tests
- Compilation of technical data to support design approval
- Monitoring and advising on technical activities at external suppliers
- Technical reporting
- Supporting production staff dealing with product technical queries
- Liaising with engineers in other teams and other stakeholders to ensure integration of fuzing sub-systems at product and platform level
- Responding to external customer technical queries
Your skills and qualifications:Essential:
- Computer literate, with Microsoft Office experience
- Good understanding of engineering, mechanical or electronic principles
- Systems engineering/design/test design experience gained from a complex engineering environment
- Experience within a defence or munitions environment
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.