- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Senior Systems Architect
There is an urgent requirement for a Senior Systems Architect to join our key client based in Glasgow. This is an initial 6 month contract and is working on the Type 26.
BAE Systems Maritime - Naval Ships has recently created an embedded Systems Engineering and Integration team within the overall Type 26 Global Combat Ship Marine Systems team.
The purpose of the Systems Engineering/Integration team is to provide embedded capability alongside the Marine Systems design engineers to ensure the successful integration and de-risking of Type 26's Power & Propulsion, HVAC, Auxiliary, Electrical Distribution and Platform Management Systems.
Within the Systems Engineering team, the role of Senior Systems Architect is important for ensuring the completeness (fitness-for-purpose) of the overarching Marine Systems functional and physical architecture. It is central in supporting the systems design teams in ensuring the quality and integrity of sub-system level architectures.
The Senior Systems Architect will work across the Systems Engineering team as well as the system design teams to enable a comprehensive understanding of Marine Systems end-to-end functionality to be developed and linked to the operational and physical requirements. The role will capture the Marine Systems design in toolsets such as IBM System Architect, using MODAF viewpoints as the means for articulating various aspects of the design. The role will interrogate the functional, physical and operational model and identify integration challenges to be resolved through the system designers. Further, the role will support the development of the functional model in the Verification and Validation process - including the production of test plans and test cases.
Top 6 Major Tasks and Activities:
1. Develop the Marine Systems functional and operational architecture using MODAF views and IBM System Architect/ DOORS.
2. Identify areas of integration challenge within Marine Systems through the functional and operation architecture; engage with the system design teams to reach an agreement on aspects of the architecture including areas of design change.
3. Liaise with other SE team members to capture, analyse and map the Marine Systems functional architecture and requirements to support requirements analysis and traceability of solution elements.
4. Prioritise architecting tasking to ensure that Architecture Products are developed in an appropriate sequence to support the higher level integration plan.
5. Lead and chair architecture review meetings with customers/stakeholders/system designers including individuals unfamiliar with the architecting process.
6. Support the use and deployment of Model Based Systems Engineering within Marine Systems by writing, tailoring and promulgating the policies, principles, and processes that will be adhered to in the development of the Marine Systems architecture and Engineering Data Framework.
Key Technical Skills
* Strong expertise and experience in the fundamentals of Model Based Systems Engineering and of Systems Architecting,
* Able to describe architecting processes and the use of architecture frameworks (such as MODAF / DoDAF).
* Explains architecture information / products to others in such a way that they can understand the impacts.
* Capable of using an architecting toolset to support the population of architecture information (such as System Architect or MooD).
* Able to gather, filter and process information that will be used to create Architecture Products. This includes discussing with and eliciting information from SMEs/Stakeholders.
* Employs analysis techniques that resolve questions asked of an architecture. For example feasibility analysis, cost vs. benefit analysis, risk analysis, transverse engineering aspect analysis (such as Safety, Information Asurance, DLoDs etc.).
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.