- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Set in Halifax, Nova Scotia, our Client are a global shipbuilding company currently responsible for the build of the new fleet of ships for the Royal Canadian Navy. The IDE team are looking for a Training Lead to join them - is this you?
Reporting into the Business Architect, the Training Lead will be responsible for developing training plans, develop training material and deliver training for the Product Lifecycle Management implementation.
Main responsibilities include:
- Providing effective leadership and management of the IDE business transformation change to support ship design and manufacturing.
- Select or create training aids, including training handbooks, demonstration models, multimedia visual aids, and computer tutorials.
- Manage, lead power-user, end-user training for DND and companies for the following Business Capability areas - Design Tool, Product Lifecycle Management, Material Requirements Planning, Cable Routing and Nesting Tool.
- Deliver individual and group training covering technical and operational aspects for the Product Lifecycle Management implementation.
- Develop training programs and/or utilize vendor training programs, which meet Business goals and objectives.
- Create training outlines and determine teaching methods, specific to effectiveness of training methods such as individual training, group instructions, lectures, demonstrations, conferences, meetings, and workshops.
- Coordinating the scheduling, planning and conduct of assigned integration activities in support of program milestones
- Evaluates effectiveness of training and development programs and utilizes relevant evaluation data to revise or recommend changes in instructional objectives and methods.
- Actively seek opportunities to influence partner, customer and internal stakeholders.
- Create training needs analysis and provide advice on training for system change and upgrades
- Ensuring projects meet objectives on time and on budget.
- Lead, manage a team of training specialists that create training material and delivering for the above business capability areas.
- Developing plans, processes and procedures as required in support of program requirements.
- Lead training plan development, identification of training requirements and roll out of training.
- Supporting the IT Technical Project Managers responsible for delivering and implementing technical PLM solutions to business problems.
- Establishing and maintaining strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Supporting a culture of teamwork, enthusiasm and a proactive nature within the Program
Qualifications & Experience:
- Degree or other tertiary qualifications in a discipline of Business or equivalent experience
- Extensive teaching and/or facilitating experience
- Positive attitude and a willingness to learn
- Strong Technical skills and familiarity with military / government terminology is desirable
- Excellent communication skills - listening, written and oral
- Excellent understanding of delivering training practices
- Previous practical experience working with data and reporting
- Ability to demonstrate systems analysis skills, critical thinking and problem solving
- Ability to plan and prioritize work
- Experience in the following fields:
- Engineering and/or Project Management on large and complex defense engineering projects
- Coordination with a complex organization
- Product Lifecycle Management or Windchill experience is desirable
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
For more information, please contact me on Louise.Lees@matchtech.com
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.