- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Systems Technician (North)
An opportunity has arisen for a Marine Systems Technician. The suitable candidate must be within commuting distance of Scarborough.
You will be responsible for fault diagnosis, defect repair, planned & unplanned maintenance and installation of mechanical, electronic and electrical equipment associated with facilities, plant and equipment.
The role will be land based as well as sea going.
* Investigate and diagnose faults on equipment located on plant and associated operational equipment
* Effect repair and planned maintenance to facilities, plant or equipment at station, haul out facility or other location as required
* Ensure risk assessments and job cards are created an used for each task undertaken to include SHE: observations ,non-compliance and near misses.
* Carry out modifications to boats and equipment. Sign off relevant paperwork, submitting any recommendations as required
* To be present at all routine haul-out and maintenance activities as required
* Liaise and facilitate with contractors on site
* Feed into the EO for any equipment design changes, PM amendments/Electronics up-dates/chart areas etc.
* To advise regional staff and station personnel on technical issues via phone or face to face
* To carry out trials of new or repaired equipment and attend sea trials as required
* Assist the Divisional Maintenance Manager in maintaining stock control and stores ordering for spares held within the divisional base
* Movement of plant around the UK and Ireland and on site
* Use of Microsoft Dynamics AX as a planning and recording tool, and the MRP system to manage parts demand and supply, as part of the overall management of individual areas, including liaison and balancing of work between areas
* Complete Diagnostics analysis as required for individual manufacturers equipment with appropriate software e.g. CAT ET, Yamaha diagnostics etc.
* Maintain COSHH awareness together with relevant in date training i.e. PASMA, PAT, CPC, fork truck licence etc.
* Emergency call-out duties to repair equipment defects and to cover emergency stand-by duties at weekends, out of hours and bank holidays as per divisional rota
* Maintain in-depth knowledge of specific items of machinery and equipment through CoBT and other methods
* To work un-supervised and to prioritise own workload under guidance of the Divisional Maintenance Manager
* To become involved in other ad hoc tasks as required.
Time served Engineering apprenticeship or a sound background and experience in mechanical, electrical and/or electronic engineering
NVQ level 3 minimum or equivalent in a mechanical, electrical or electronic discipline
Wide knowledge of diesel and petrol engines/electrical systems; and/or Marine or plant experience; and/or Experience of construction/ modification of electronic equipment; and/or Experience of repair and maintenance of electronic equipment
Towing License preferred - but training can be given if necessary.
Experience of the following is desirable although training will be given where needed: PAT testing, use of lorry mounted cranes, mobile scaffolding, driver CPC and fork lift truck licence.
Salary - £25,918 - £30,492
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.