- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Packaging Design Engineer
To undertake engineering activities in support of the design and testing of packaging solutions for both future munitions and existing munitions products, ensuring compliance with Statutory (local, UK and International) regulations.
To obtain Hazard Classifications and UN Performance Test Certification for packaging for explosive articles, munitions and related hazardous goods. To update and maintain the packaging database. To manage and support functional trials in a safe and suitable manner, from the trials planning stage to completion of the trial and presentation of the data, including the management of sub-contractors where appropriate. To provide advice and assistance to BAE Systems personnel on UK and International Regulations, relating to the packaging, marking, and transportation of hazardous goods. To identify, drive & develop continuous improvement activities. Liaison with both internal and external customers, suppliers, external agencies and industry forums as required.
Skills and Qualifications.
- Trained in all modal regulations - Road, Air & Sea
- Possible DGSA qualification
- Can work on pack designs without assistance
- Can work on HSE/ESTC classification applications without assistance
- Application and appreciation of current legislation standards.
- Creation of design information such as models, drawings, reports & calculations
- Ability to plan activities and make decisions of what projects require the most urgent support on a day to day basis.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.