- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Verification and Validation Team Lead
Automotive Powertrain VVT Engineer required to lead the specification, development and execution of all verification and validation activities for all Powertrain Control related projects.
- 1st class degree or equivalent in automotive, electrical/electronic, mechanical or control engineering.
- Maintaining and developing strong numeracy and literacy skills
- Good logical reasoning and problem investigation/resolution
- Must have certain years experience of control system integration, test and simulation. Automotive experience is preferred but consideration will be given to candidates with relevant experience from other industries (e.g. aerospace, rail)
- Preferred tool experience using Matlab/Simulink and HIL test equipment.
- Must have experience of developing test specifications and test automation.
- Excellent planning and time management skills required for preparation of design V&V plans
- Good knowledge of full development lifecycle with a focus on verification and validation including DFMEA and DVP
- Working knowledge of ISO26262 would be an advantage.
- Ideally will have experience of leading a small team. If not, then must show necessary leadership qualities to be able to step up to team leadership role.
- Ideally has relevant system integration experience preferably in the area of Powertrain technology
- Familiar with CAN analysis tools e.g. Canalyser and calibration tools (INCA preferred).
- Ability to work in cross functional teams.
- Proven ability to overcome cultural barriers.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Define and maintain project planning for V&V activities including the provision of appropriate test equipment.
- Lead in the definition, implementation and management of system DVPs including the detailed specification of tests for all powertrain control projects
- Lead the implementation and reporting of V&V testing activities using xIL, test rig and vehicle facilities as required.
- Lead specification and implementation of HIL systems for all powertrain control projects including test automation capability
- Lead the development of simulation plant models for control system model based development - for use in xIL testing
- Work closely with System Design team to validate system DFMEAs
- Work closely with Functional Safety team to implement FS testing
- Work closely with Diagnostics team to implement HIL based diagnostics testing
- Work closely with control system design team and software design team to ensure delivery of complete system.
- Support the test facilities team in developing appropriate test equipment facilities
- Support functional safety development and analysis.
Other Features of job
- Lead small team as part of an integrated multifunctional product team which is responsible for delivering complex projects
- Develop skills within the team through direct team leadership and use of personal development reviews to identify development needs and set challenging individual objectives.
- Role based in the UK. Occasional travel to other sites and to visit suppliers is a requirement.
- Must be eligible to work in the UK
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.