- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Highways Laboratory Technician
Our client Hampshire County Council are looking for a Highways Laboratory Technician to join a busy team on a contract basis starting soon.
- This role is INSIDE IR35 (PAYE or via Umbrella Company)
- To prepare surveys and information essential to record the condition of highways and other related sites.
- To prepare information from surveys into format for use by designers, clients and others.
- To liaise with relevant bodies (i.e. contractors, public utilities and the like) to gain access to sites as required.
- To undertake laboratory tests and record results and calibrate equipment.
- To work with due regard to Health and Safety for themselves and others at all times.
Qualifications / Experience:
- Qualifications - relevant construction related course/appropriate experience
- Computer skills with experience of MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook and surveying software
- Able to use testing and surveying equipment and the like
- Communication skills, able to converse with engineering professionals
- Current full UK driver's license and access to motor vehicle is required
Working conditions / environment:
- Mainly site based - some physical effort or strain
- Operational at live highways and construction sites
- Driving - HCC pool vehicle and own vehicle for work purposes
- 37.5 hours a week
- Monday to Friday
- Flexible working available.
- A willingness to occasionally work outside of 'normal' office hours if required.
- Overtime occasionally available depending on workloads.
- £20.00 - £24.00 p/h LTD via Umbrella Company (the rate is dependent on candidate experience)
- Weekly pay
How to Apply or for more Information:
3 simple ways to apply or get in touch:
- Apply directly online via the Matchtech website
- Call Sam White directly on 01489898241
- Email your CV to email@example.com
Matchtech are the largest and leading Highways and Transportation Recruitment Company in the UK.
If you have the correct experience for this type of position but this specific role is not quite right for you, as the level, location or rates etc. is it not quite what you are looking for a present, please still feel free to get in touch with me as I continually recruit similar roles to the one above at all levels across the UK.
Alternatively if are not suitable for this role but still work within the Highways and Transportation industry and believe you will be looking for a new role in the future please give me a call for a confidential chat regarding your employment status.
To apply for these roles, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.