- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Highway Site Supervisors
Our client is looking for a Highways Site Supervisor to join a busy team on a contract basis starting soon
- This role is OUTSIDE IR35
- Plan, Programme and deliver project to Clients requirements
- Supervise construction and site practice to agreed time scales and budgets
- Negotiate contractual issues and claims from Contractors
- Interpretation of design and implementation - Make modifications to suit site conditions
- Carry out consultation and liaison with County staff, County Councillors and contractors on scheme proposals to ensure smooth transition to project completion
- Direct, control and prioritise activities of Clerk of Works, Land-Survey and County Highway Laboratory to effect delivery of the Project within the corporate aims of the Employer
- Compile reports and keep records on all contract-related matters e.g. Day works, claims information, as-built drawings, developed Health & Safety files
- Establish, monitor and maintain safe working procedures for site staff to meet the Employer's and all Statutory requirements.
Qualifications / Experience:
- H.N.D. / Degree in relevant discipline.
- Several years extensive knowledge and experience.
- Ability to carry out County Council projects with limited supervision.
- Ability to communicate at all levels.
- Ability to control, lead and motivate staff.
- Knowledge of the many and varied forms of Conditions of Contracts , Specifications and
- Method of Measurement used in construction projects.
- Knowledge of other statutory regulations appertaining to construction projects including Health & Safety Regulations, Chapter 8 Signs and Regulations, New Roads and Street Works etc.
- Understanding of Standing Orders, financial requirements, and code of practice related to construction projects.
- Ability to liaise with design staff and the client to successfully achieve the aims of the project.
- Ability to deal with Contractors and outside bodies on a daily basis
- Good understanding of systems and computer programmes
- Knowledge of key contacts and whom to approach.
Working conditions / environment:
- Construction site based
- Lone working, Confined Spaces, Working on live carriageway/ road /rail/ rivers/ marine environment. Ability to work at heights
- Flexibility, unsociable working hours to suit contractors working requirements and in accordance with the demands of the Contract.
- Ability to fulfil the travel requirements of the role.
- 37.5 hours a week
- Monday to Friday
- Flexible working available.
- A willingness to occasionally work outside of 'normal' office hours if required.
- Overtime occasionally available depending on workloads.
- Dependent on candidate experience
- Weekly pay
How to Apply or for more Information:
3 simple ways to apply or get in touch:
- Apply directly online via the Matchtech website
- Call Sam White directly on 01489898241
- Email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Matchtech are the largest and leading Highways and Transportation Recruitment Company in the UK.
If you have the correct experience for this type of position but this specific role is not quite right for you, as the level, location or rates etc. is it not quite what you are looking for a present, please still feel free to get in touch with me as I continually recruit similar roles to the one above at all levels across the UK.
Alternatively if are not suitable for this role but still work within the Highways and Transportation industry and believe you will be looking for a new role in the future please give me a call for a confidential chat regarding your employment status.
To apply for these roles, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.