- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Air Traffic Controller
The Air Traffic Control Department is responsible for the provision of a safe, orderly and expeditious Air Traffic Control (ATC) and Aerodrome Flight Information Service Officer (AFISO) service in support of the Directorate Purpose.
- It is the responsibility of all Air Traffic Control (ATC) personnel to ensure that they are aware of, and comply with, the regulations, policies and procedures as laid down in European, UK National Regulations and Leonardo Helicopters (LH) internal documentation including (but not exclusively) CAP 493, CAP393, CAP 168, CAP 670, CAP 797, CAP 1032, the LH Manual of Air Traffic Services Part 2 (MATS Pt2), LH Aviation Safety Management System (ASMS) Manual and the Yeovil Aerodrome Manual.
- The safe, orderly and expeditious provision of ATC Services (appropriate to CAA Licence Rating) in accordance with the standards and regulations as laid down by the UK Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) and (where appropriate) the UK Military Aviation Authority (MAA).
- Implementing and managing the LH Airfield Driving Permit Scheme, including the provision of specialist training for company drivers and long-term contractors.
- Assisting the department in the implementation and ongoing delivery of the Unit Local Competency Scheme including the training and assessment of other ATCOs and AFISOs (as appropriate).
- The maintenance and validation of a CAA Local Unit Endorsement (LUE) in the appropriate rating(s) (including a EU Class 3/CAA Medical Certification).
- Completing the annual requirements for Training in Unusual Circumstances and Emergencies (TRUCE).
- Where appropriate, provide an approved Aviation Meteorological Observation Service.
- In the absence of the SATCO and/or ATC Assistant (ATCA), issuing NOTAMs as required to notify other airspace users of ATC equipment unserviceabilities, changes to the ATS Service or other airfield and local area obstructions.
- Undergoing other periodic internal training as specified by LH Company Core Instructions or other notices.
- Completing other ATC-related tasks and/or duties as directed by the SATCO and/or Chief Test Pilot (CTP).
- The provision of a safe, orderly and expeditious of ATC Services in accordance with the standards and regulations as laid down by the UK Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) and (where appropriate) the UK Military Aviation Authority (MAA).
- Support the SATCO, CTP and the Company by providing sound operational advice and specialist skills.
- The safe provision of ATC Services in accordance with the standards and regulations as laid down by the UK Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) and (where appropriate) the UK Military Aviation Authority (MAA). This frequently requires consultation with Flight Operations and other LH departments. As a result, much reliance is placed upon the role holder's expertise and judgement in recommending which course of action would be most appropriate.
- Assisting with specialist ab-initio and continuation training for ATC personnel as necessary, to cater for changes to company operating procedures or evolving business requirements.
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
- Hold valid CAA ATC ratings in Aerodrome Control Instrument (ADI) and Approach Control Procedural(APP).
- It is also highly desirable that the role holder holds an Approach Control Surveillance (APS) (SRA), on the Job Training Instructor (OJTI), and Aviation Meteorological Observer qualifications.
- Communication, IT and Safety Management skills commensurate with the role.
- The role holder must possess a sound working knowledge of all appropriate CAA and MAA regulatory documentation including (but not exclusively) CAA Safety and Information Notices.
- Must be able to operate company software packages such as SAP for routine administrative requests etc.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.