- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Process Technician (Workshop Team)
Our client is seeking a mechanical Process Technician to join their workshop team in Wingham (east of Canterbury)
This is an ideal opportunity for ambitious, resilient and target driven individual to progress a career in a successful team with opportunities within this field. This role comes with an attractive starting salary of £29,860 with an opportunity to progress to £35,831 once criteria on progression plans have been achieved.
The ideal candidate will have a mechanical background (any electrical training would be advantageous). The primary purpose for this role is to undertake reactive and planned maintenance of plant and equipment on a daily basis. Other responsibilities will include providing technical expertise to internal and external contractors, managing projects, and carrying out inspections and tests on mechanical/electrical equipment and assisting in development of other projects. The role will be workshop based in Wingham but may include other sites in the Kent area.
- To be successful you MUST hold a NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in Mechanical/electrical engineering
- Be able to understand and use standard mechanical/ electrical equipment.
- A relevant ONC qualification is desirable.
- Ability to read and understand technical mechanical /electrical drawings
- Ability to solve problems.
- Adaptable and flexible with excellent communication skills.
- Self-motivated and work well under pressure.
- Experience with drives, MCC starters (3 - phase, 415volts) and instrumentation is desirable.
A company van will be provided as part of the offer package, therefore a full, clean driving license is essential for this role. Working shift pattern does not involve call outs and overtime will be available.
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. You will need to provide evidence of eligibility (e.g. a passport or long birth certificate and proof of NI) and current proof of address (dated within the last 3 months), will be required as part of the recruitment process. If you do not meet these criteria, your application will not be considered
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.