- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
There is an opportunity for a PLM Engineer to join our client based in Glasgow on a contract basis.
As a PLM Engineer you will be a key contributor in integrating our processes, data, technology and people to deliver enhanced Product Lifecycle Management in our Global Combat Ship (GCS) multi-programme environment, which includes the Royal Navy Type 26, and the recently awarded Australian Hunter Class and Canadian Surface Combatant programmes.
Your role will be rewarding, offering the chance to have a real impact in shaping the Global Combat Ship programmes and the transformation of the Naval Ships business.
Your main responsibilities as a PLM Engineer will be:
* Analysing and capturing business requirements to deliver GCS PLM enhancements through engagement with key stakeholders
* Ensuring the PLM approach satisfies relevant business functional stakeholders, such as engineering, production planning and manufacturing
* Analysing stakeholder processes to support PLM enhancements
* Specifying requirements for our Product Data Management (PDM) system and ERP interface
* Embracing our world-class PLM approach, both internally and externally (focussed on benefits in improved quality, cost and schedule)
* Resolving information and process issues relating to design, production planning and manufacture
Your skills and qualifications:
* A thorough understanding of PLM processes and capturing requirements
* Experience with improving the use of CAD/PLM/PDM/ERP toolsets e.g. PTC / Siemens toolsets (Windchill / TeamCenter), Aveva ERM etc.
* Understanding of product information management principles
* Experience with managing information in complex engineering and manufacturing environments
* Experience of product configuration management across multiple variants is preferable
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.