- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Our client is a growing and innovative engineering business based in Southampton. They are looking for an experienced Quality Manager to join them.
This role will play a key role in our client's quality function and maximising the quality of their product. This role will be developing the company's quality system, instilling and training best practice internally and externally and taking responsibility for all aspects of internal and supplier quality.
- Work with the broader team to set quality goals for the organisation
- Work with Manufacturing Engineering to develop product quality plans and associated statistical quality control monitoring.
- Work with Manufacturing Engineering to drive process improvement initiatives for the manufacturing of products to improve yield, quality and reliability.
- Provide guidance to engineering in the early stages of the development of new products and new processes to ensure that the highest quality standards are included in the design specification to maximise the quality when introduced to production.
- Run the RMA process; provide analysis and statistics on returns.
- Take responsibility for quality performance of key suppliers of Electronic Assemblies, Electromechanical and Mechanical parts/assemblies.
- Provide technical support and drive continuous improvement systems to achieve problem resolution through coordination with manufacturing, engineering, procurement and suppliers, using Lean techniques.
- Perform internal and supplier audits, First Article qualification of components/assemblies and develop new suppliers.
- Drive actions for timely resolution of manufacturing / materials issues, troubleshoot and determine real root cause.
- Conduct quality reviews and drive quality improvement programs with relevant internal and external suppliers.
- Train and mentor staff as required in QMS and continuous improvement techniques.
- Provide support for and give presentations to customers and prospective customers as required.
We are looking for an experienced Quality professional who wants to join a driven and highly motivated team. The ideal candidate will hold a degree in engineering and have experience in quality management, root cause analysis, internal and external auditing, NPD, and process improvement.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.