- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Technical Publications Engineer (ILS)
My client is looking for multiple engineers with a sound background in technical publications obtained in a production OR vehicle environment.
- To take responsibility for assigned Data Module Requirements list and Author procedural, descriptive and illustrative
- To develop and deliver formal Operator, Maintainer and Illustrated Parts Lists Manuals that reflect the correct Design Function/Operation, Logistic Support Analysis and Maintenance Policy
- To maintain an attention to detail to ensure publications data sources are efficiently identified and design changes/corrections properly managed and embedded in the technical publications
- Interface with Through Life Support, Project, Engineering, Safety, Quality, Bid Management and external ILS
- Provide a conscientious approach and flexibility to adapt to changing requirements experienced from working across multiple projects simultaneously.
Detailed Supportability Engineering task responsibility:
- Populate operator and maintainer technical publications data to ASD 1000D formats, other UK/European defense standards (such as AESP) and bespoke
- Maintain LTTV data module requirements lists with data module progress, warnings mapping, terminology used and manpower applicability.
- Extract required data from identified OEM sources following lead Authors guidance to ensure consistency and after internal review identify any data module gaps for progress by engineering
- Extract illustrations and manipulate illustrations data to ensure suitable illustrations are populated within the data
- Extract required data from available engineering BOM and EPDM design tool.
- Produce required illustrations where data is not available within design repository, working strategically with design to minimise this through early
- Capture requirements for spares, support and test equipment for your authored data modules and ensure these are handed over to the Senior ILS
- Attend logistic demonstrations and validate accuracy of supplied technical
- Support development of operator and maintenance training data from maximum data module
- Support any additional ILS data development as required utilising MS Excel, Word
- Minimum Higher National Certificate in Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Structured Framemaker authoring experience an advantage
Have sound technical publications experience obtained in a vehicle environment or production environment.
Must be Computer literate and capable of developing others peoples skills in Adobe FrameMaker 2019, Technical Communications Suite, Eclipse and
Bookmaker, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office and Adobe Illustrator with a working knowledge of Adobe lnDesign, Photoshop and Acrobat.
Have a vehicle, mechanical engineering or production background is desirable.
The candidate should be prepared to interact in a workshop environment for the purposes of information gathering and photography whenever necessary.
The candidate should be prepared to support other ILS work to provide greater efficiency within the team.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.