- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
CMS Software Engineer
Are you experienced Software Engineer with a background on large & complex defence engineering projects? If so, our Client are based in beautiful Halifax, Nova Scotia, and are looking for someone just like you to join their team!
Working on the build of the new ships for the Royal Canadian Navy, the Company is growing quickly and the Engineering team are expanding. The successful individual will be responsible for providing technical expertise, overseeing and coordinating the Subcontractor's requirements across engineering, design, integration and test. This will also include development and review of all systems, software design documents and training solutions. As part of the Integrated Product Team, you will be main Point of Contact within the company for all CMS Software activities.
Reporting to the Team Lead, your responsibilities will be to:
- Provide independent oversight for the requirements definition, design, integration and testing for all aspects of the CMS software and other associated software programs provided by the Subcontractor
- Work with the Subcontractor to develop the CMS software requirements specification documentation and CMS software assurance documentation
- Work with the Subcontractor to develop the CMS subsystem and system design descriptions, interface control documents, software design descriptions, test document data item deliverables and associated training and support documentation
- Participate in the Combat Systems Land-Based Facilities, and Test and Trials, IPTs
- Develop plans, procedures and processes as required in support of program requirements
- Provide support in evaluating software engineering change presented by the subcontractor to ensure impacts or risks to integration activities are understood and recorded
You should possess:
- Degree in Computer Science, Electrical/Computer Engineering, Math, Physics or equivalent, and be a professional engineer or able to obtain the designation is essential
- Post graduate qualifications in systems engineering or other tertiary qualifications is desirable
- Proven experience in the following fields:
- Engineering on large and complex defence engineering projects
- Coordination with multiple complex organizations
- Extensive knowledge on the design, integration, installation and test of CMS Software
- Knowledge of complex systems integration
- Understanding of Combat System Architecture
For more information or to apply, please contact me on Louise.Lees@matchtech.com
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.