- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Ship Manager, Production
This Client are based in the vibrant maritime city of Halifax, Nova Scotia, are are actively looking for a Ship Manager, Production to join the team building the new fleet of ships for the Royal Canadian Navy.
Do you have experience in shipbuilding and would you consider moving to live & work in Canada? If so, this role might be for you!
Reporting into the Production Director, the Ship Manager will have overall responsibility for production, test and integration activities on the ship. With a team of direct reports, the key responsibilities also include:
- Identify and evaluate shipyard production metrics and contribute to developing technical solutions for production engineering and design challenges
- Provide technical and managerial oversight on board ship by monitoring production processes
- Constantly review allocation of resources and materials to ensure optimal utilization in order to meet schedule and budget requirements
- Weekly status updates on ships progress and direct communication with workforce to meet project schedule
- Ensure compliance with all Company Environmental, Health and Safety policies and identify and suggest changes to promote safety awareness
- Ensure strict adherence to Company quality procedures and policies
The right person should have:
- Prior extensive experience within production management in new ship construction
- Defence or naval experience
- Completion of relevant technical / vocational training or exoerience in lieu of this
- Strong multi-disciplinary skills
- Proven record of managing a team and direct repports in a safe and efficient manner
To find out more or to apply, please contact me on Louise.Lees@matchtech.com
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.