- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
SATCOM Systems Engineer
Our client are a major supplier of communication and data systems to the MoD. They are seeking an experienced systems engineer to support with the operation of these systems.
- To provide SCIDA installation guidance for land installations, and all documentation which arrives at acceptance.
- To ensure that all drawing work and technical documentation are provided for handover to projects office.
- Verification of technical equipment IAW project specifications.
- When required, visit customer vessels in support of projects not handed over projects office, and train FSE's for the future migration to projects office.
- Define IP structure's for new projects and provide guidance to projects office for any escalated support problems pertaining to network problems.
- To define equipment list's and specification's to projects office for all maritime installations.
- Verification of new software, ensuring that each build meets test criteria and efficiency.
- To support customer meetings for future projects and enhancements specifically those projects which require an understanding of the customer's needs.
- Proactive member of the Duty MOD/GOV engineer Rota.
- Provide supporting information for new technical proposals.
- To provide training as required for new systems.
- Liaison with MOD/GOV agencies as required for any trials.
- Flexible in attitude and availability for MOD/GOV customers needs.
- HND level qualification in a relevant discipline or relevant experience at an equivalent level essential.
- Broad ICT and Satellite communications experience highly desirable
- Proven Systems Engineering experience within the defence communication systems arena.
- Professional registration desirable
- Microsoft MSP preferred
- Cisco CCNA or equivalent experience minimum
- Must hold, or have the ability to achieve, DV Security Clearance
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Proven administration skills
- Flexible and pro-active
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.