- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Lead Electrical Engineer
The Lead Electrical Engineering will be responsible for the Design Co-ordination, Review and management of a large-scale engineering design project for a significant facility/ infrastructure projects as part of the Barrow Site redevelopment.
This role will require the person to hold full Security Clearance (SC) prior to working onsite. You must currently hold or be eligible and willing to obtain SC. You must be eligible to work in the UK without sponsorship and have lived and worked in the UK for a minimum 5 year period. If you are unsure as to whether you are eligible, please contact me to discuss.
- Ensure developed solutions are clearly defined, integrated, configured, controlled and delivered, including resolution of conflicts and integration issues that occur through development and delivery phases
- Perform appropriate engineering planning, management and review activities to ensure Products are integrated, safe, and fully compliant.
- Assure the maturity of the developed solutions is appropriate for the specific requirement and that all technical risks and opportunities are captured.
- Review the processes and procedures within the span of control to reduce waste, improve efficiency and establish a dynamic and flexible best in class capability.
- Interface and influence internal and external (customer and other stakeholders) such that product offerings meet requirements and specifications.
- Ensure all engineering activities are undertaken in line with the Operational Framework and that compliance with all engineering policies is maintained.
- Sign off for design, legal and technical requirements for a project or service.
- Design Reviews and/or technical bid reviews for minor projects and provide significant contribution to larger projects.
- Determine the Engineering Lifecycle Maturity Gates, with maturity targets aligned to the Project's objectives, recorded in the appropriate management plan, and agreed with the EM, in accordance with the Engineering Strategy.
- Advise Project Manager on engineering risk. Devise a plan to mitigate this risk.
- Ensure that any issues revealed by the Design Review that may affect other projects, are formally and promptly identified to their Engineering Authority and participate in the LFE process.
What You Need To Be Successful?
- UK National
- Degree qualified in relevant Electrical Engineering qualification.
- Must be a Chartered Engineer MIET/MCIBSE or recognised by the Engineering Council.
- Circa 20 years' experience in the electrical design / multi design consultancy.
- Design experience of major facilities and infrastructure projects. Within the defence industry advantageous.
- Management and integration of multi-disciplined engineering teams; leadership of engineering resources, delivery of packages of work/services, involving new products and/or complex upgrades, utilising new and existing technologies, requiring multiple interfaces with customers/suppliers.
- Resolution of engineering conflicts between disciplines, systems and capabilities.
- Integration and solution development to meet a coherent and prioritised set of demands, tailor and apply engineering processes, tools and approaches to develop innovative and creative solutions.
- Requires detailed and comprehensive understanding of a number of engineering disciplines. Is not the 'expert', but is able to discuss and understand context and implications of technical issues across a number of engineering disciplines.
- Requires good understanding of developing customer requirements
- A high understanding of industry approaches and standards.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.