- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Bridges and Structures Engineer / Senior Technician
Our client is looking for a Bridges and Structures manager to join a busy team on a permanent basis working for Shropshire County Council.
- Be required to deputise for any Engineering Services and Bridges Manager in regards to bridges and structures work when they are on leave, sick or need additional support; duties include, works management, budgets etc.
- Liaising with colleagues from both consultant and contractor on bridges and structures works and participation in the early contractor involvement process.
- Undertake regular and effective liaison with internal colleagues to develop an effective and best value program of work such as Capital Delivery, Highway Development Control, legal, finance, Maintenance teams etc.
Full job description available on request.
- Responsible to Engineering Services and Bridges Manager is in turn responsible for the post holder's health and safety, training and development.
- Expected to lead and/or contribute to a range of projects and build relations with both internal and external partners in order achieve specified outcomes, but will not have direct authority over those involved.
- Familiar with current best value practices across the range of structural engineering needs
- Experience of utilising computer systems and financial data bases to input, extract and make decisions based upon evidential data, and management of staff to ensure high standards and quality of data
- Experience of managing teams, setting standards and levels of performance, and monitoring staff outcomes against performance standards and taking necessary and appropriate action if required.
- Awareness of current structural surveying techniques / information and the practical application of such information.
- Evidence of providing 'fit for purpose' solutions across the range of highway maintenance activities that provided value for money, within strict cost limits.
- Managing resources in a complex environment.
- Developing and compiling effective capital work programmes
- Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
- CDM regulations
- 37 hours a week
- Monday to Friday
- Flexible working available.
£32,029 to £35,934 pa
- This post carries eligibility to join the Local Government Pension Scheme. Information about this and other pension options will be sent with any formal offer of appointment.
- Annual leave entitlement is pro rata for 27 days per year plus additional days for long service. Bank holidays also apply. A concessionary day at Christmas Bank Holiday is at the Council's discretion.
How to Apply or for more Information:
Two simple ways to apply or get in touch:
- Call Mike Carter directly on 01489 898 870
- Email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Full job description and personal specification available on request.
Matchtech are the largest and leading Highways and Transportation Recruitment Company in the UK.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.