- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Our client is looking for a Traffic Engineers to join a busy team on a permanent basis working for Shropshire County Council.
- Responsible to the Traffic Engineering Manager who is in turn responsible for the post holder's health and safety, training and development.
- Expected to lead and/or contribute to a range of projects and build relations with both internal and external partners in order achieve specified outcomes but will not have direct authority over those involved.Full job description available on request.
- Key responsibilities:
- Expected to lead and/or contribute to a range of projects and build relations with both internal and external partners in order achieve specified outcomes, but will not have direct authority over those involved.
- To act as point of contact for traffic engineering matters providing strategic guidance.
- Regularly report to and provide progress reports to the Traffic Engineering Manager.
- Identify and maximise funding opportunities available and where necessary work collaboratively with our Consultant to submit bids.
- Through a commissioning approach and collaborative working ensure streamlined and cost effective service delivery.
- HNC/ HND or NVQ Level 4 qualification (or equivalent) in Civil Engineering or other relevant subject; or other significant demonstrable Traffic Engineering experience.
- EngTech qualified or proactively working towards EngTech/ I Eng qualifications with a professional organisation.
- Demonstrable knowledge of the legislation and guidance relevant to traffic engineering, Traffic Signs and General Directions, (TSRGD) 2016 and the Traffic Signs Manuals).
- Demonstrable experience of delivery of traffic engineering schemes, technical appraisals and project management.
- Demonstrable traffic engineering experience including the application of road safety principles.
- A working knowledge of the CDM Regulations.
- Ability to provide effective advice on traffic engineering and road safety matters to a range of customers.
- Knowledge of Traffic Regulation Order (TRO) procedures.
- 37 hours a week
- Monday to Friday
- Flexible working available.
£32,029 to £35,934 pa
- This post carries eligibility to join the Local Government Pension Scheme. Information about this and other pension options will be sent with any formal offer of appointment.
- Annual leave entitlement is pro rata for 27 days per year plus additional days for long service. Bank holidays also apply. A concessionary day at Christmas Bank Holiday is at the Council's discretion.
How to Apply or for more Information:
3 simple ways to apply or get in touch:
- Call Sam White directly on 01489 898 241
- Email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Full job description and personal specification available on request.
Matchtech are the largest and leading Highways and Transportation Recruitment Company in the UK.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.