- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Traffic Engineer x 2
Our client is looking for 2 x Traffic Engineers to join a busy team on a permanent basis working for Shropshire County Council.
- To act as point of contact for traffic engineering matters providing strategic Guidance
- Identify and maximise the external funding opportunities available and collaboratively work with our Consultants to ensure high quality bids are submitted.
- To carry out project management duties through to development of traffic management, road safety and accident reduction schemes including financial reporting, targets and milestones.
Full job description available on request.
- Responsible to Traffic Engineering Manager who is in turn responsible for the post holder's health and safety, training and development.
- Expected to lead and/or contribute to a range of projects and build relations with both internal and external partners in order achieve specified outcomes, but will not have direct authority over those involved.
- Responsible for an approximate budget of £250,000.
- Degree in a relevant subject or equivalent experience
- EngTech qualified
- Working knowledge of CDM, TSRGD2016 and other relevant design standards, DMRB
- Experience of traffic management practices/delivery of schemes/technical appraisals
- Knowledge of traffic engineering and road safety principles.
- Knowledge of the legislation and guidance relevant to traffic engineering
- Ability to provide effective advice on traffic engineering and road safety matters to a range of customers.
- Knowledge of planning requirements under the Town and Country Planning Act 1990 and the National Planning Policy Framework
- Knowledge of NEC3 contract
- Knowledge of TROs procedures
- 37 hours a week
- Monday to Friday
- Flexible working available.
£32,029 to £35,934 pa
- This post carries eligibility to join the Local Government Pension Scheme. Information about this and other pension options will be sent with any formal offer of appointment.
- Annual leave entitlement is pro rata for 27 days per year plus additional days for long service. Bank holidays also apply. A concessionary day at Christmas Bank Holiday is at the Council's discretion.
How to Apply or for more Information:
Two simple ways to apply or get in touch:
- Call Mike Carter directly on 01489 898 870
- Email your CV to email@example.com
Full job description and personal specification available on request.
Matchtech are the largest and leading Highways and Transportation Recruitment Company in the UK.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.