- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Developing Highways Support Technician
Our client is looking for a Developing Highways Support Technician to join a busy team on a Permanent basis starting soon
- The post holder will be reviewing and responding to development sites and plans on behalf of the Council in its position of highway authority. This will be done in line with the council's wider strategy to facilitate a countywide growth strategy.
- Proactively encourage, instigate and participate in pre-application discussions with develops in order to assist in the development of sustainable economic growth within the County
- Provide professional advice and explain the potential impact of new developments and secure reasonable and appropriate improvements to mitigate impact on the network
- To negotiate and agree legal agreements related to the highway impacts and required improvements for small to medium sized developments
- To secure S106 contributions towards transport infrastructure improvements
- To undertake detailed technical assessment of development related highway works proposed for agreements under S38, S278 S106 of the Highways Act 1980
- These duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The post holder will be expected to become involved in a range of work to enable the service to respond effectively to the changing requirements of the Council and changes affecting the workforce.
- The post holder will be Responsible to Senior Developing Highways Manager who is in turn responsible for the post holder's health and safety, training and development.
- Expected to lead and/or contribute to a range of projects and build relations with both internal and external partners in order achieve specified outcomes, but will not have direct authority over those involved.
Qualifications / Experience:
- Degree in an engineering, transportation or town planning
- Professional qualification in Highway or Construction subject
- NEC3 contract qualification
- Minimum of 5 years' experience within a technical position
- Working knowledge of development and construction
- Experience of working with developers / equivalent 3rd party stakeholders
- Experience of supervising and approving work undertaken by external companies and undertake required management of performance
- Significant knowledge of the requirements of legal agreements relating to work on the highway
Working conditions / environment:
- Mainly office environment
- Site visits if and when required (to live highways and construction sites)
- Communicating feedback to the general public.
- Ability to fulfil the travel requirements of the role.
- 37 hours a week
- Monday to Friday
- Flexible working and home working available.
- £32,029 - £35,934 per year (the salary is dependent on candidate experience)
- Monthly pay
Full job spec available on request.
How to Apply or for more Information:
3 simple ways to apply or get in touch:
- Apply directly online via the Matchtech website
- Call Sam White directly on 01489898241
- Email your CV to email@example.com
Matchtech are the largest and leading Highways and Transportation Recruitment Company in the UK.
If you have the correct experience for this type of position but this specific role is not quite right for you, as the level, location or rates etc. is it not quite what you are looking for a present, please still feel free to get in touch with me as I continually recruit similar roles to the one above at all levels across the UK.
Alternatively if are not suitable for this role but still work within the Highways and Transportation industry and believe you will be looking for a new role in the future please give me a call for a confidential chat regarding your employment status.
To apply for these roles, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.