- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Strategic Infrastructure Work Manager
Our client is looking for a Strategic Infrastructure Work Manager to join a busy team on a Permanent basis starting soon.
The post holder must be an enthusiastic, proactive and self-assured individual who can demonstrate significant experience of programme and project leadership. As a key strategic position in Highways & Transport it will be will be part of a cross service high performing team leading on the delivery of multiple packages of work to ensure that Shropshire Councils Economic Growth strategy is delivered, in particular this post will be providing primary responsibility, leadership, accountability and project management to enable the successful delivery of key Council priority programmes and strategic high profile projects on the highway, strategic transport projects, housing and Economic Growth initiatives, and be the primary lead on successful bidding for multimillion funding, and its subsequent spend and delivery.
- Responsible to North West Relief Road Project Executive Manager who is in turn responsible for the post holder's health and safety, training and development.
- Expected to lead and/or contribute to a range of projects and build relations with both internal and external partners in order achieve specified outcomes, and may be expected to have direct authority over those involved on a project specific basis.
- This is managed through membership of the Economic Growth Senior Management Team
- Support the development of employment, housing and the infrastructure to enhance the local economy of Shropshire by acting as lead Strategic Infrastructure Development Team representative with The Marches LEP, Homes England, major development scheme promoters and regional and national funding partners.
- Create and develop long term and trusted partnerships with internal colleagues, customers and stakeholders by acting as the lead advocate, expert adviser, marketer and communicator for the Projects assigned.
- Qualifications / Experience:
- Professionally qualified to CENG level
- Project Management qualification or equivalent experience and knowledge
- A relevant qualification in Management, Business or leadership equivalent experience and knowledge
- Significant contemporary experience of working within a Highway, Engineering or Senior Leader role
- Significant experience of analysing, reviewing and challenging designs and consultancy commissions
- Extensive experience of providing advice and recommendations to Senior Management Board and Senior Members
- Extensive demonstrable experience of managing major, complex, contentious and high profile projects, programmes or works
- Extensive experience in budget management - and a strong understanding of financial payment processes
- Experience of nurturing Service, Service Provider and stakeholder performance relationships.
- Ability to run a large scale programmes of work which may be conflicting and contentious in their obligations
- Knowledge of internal operational procedures
- Experience of working with Councillors, Senior Managers, Members of Parliament and the general public
- Experience of setting robust financial controls to ensure compliance
Working conditions / environment:
- Mainly office environment
- Site visits if and when required (to live highways and construction sites)
- Communicating feedback to the general public.
- Ability to fulfil the travel requirements of the role.
- 37 hours a week
- Monday to Friday
- Flexible working and home working available.
- £ 51,392 - £55,263 per year (the salary is dependent on candidate experience)
- Monthly pay
Full job spec available on request.
How to Apply or for more Information:
3 simple ways to apply or get in touch:
- Apply directly online via the Matchtech website
- Call Sam White directly on 01489898241
- Email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Matchtech are the largest and leading Highways and Transportation Recruitment Company in the UK.
To apply for these roles, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.