- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Senior/Principal Environmental Consultant
Our client are seeking an experienced Senior/Principal Environmental Consultant to support the growth of their Environmental capability in Peterborough.
The Environmental Consultant will be part of the clients team delivering fluvial and coastal flood defence schemes on the Environment Agency's WEM and NGSA Frameworks.
Stronger candidates may be considered for a Team Leader role to be responsible for management of workload, quality of deliverables and mentoring junior staff.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work in a design and construct environment and to work with a wide range of established and highly experienced specialist environmental teams from across the clients wider business. Existing specialist teams cover services such as EIA, SEA, planning, ecology, landscape, contaminated land, fisheries, groundwater, sustainability, geomorphology and catchment and river restoration.
Our client are looking for enthusiastic and dynamic individuals who are strong communicators with solid experience in environmental consultancy and experience of successfully managing multi-disciplinary environmental inputs to design and construction projects. Specialist experience in a discipline such as; ecology, planning, landscape, architecture, heritage, arboriculture or EIA would be advantageous.
The Environmental Consultant will, amongst other things, be responsible for:
- Supporting Design Team Leaders with timely environmental input into the design and project planning process through direct advice and through the coordination of advice provided by other specialists.
- Working collaboratively with colleagues not only in our environment teams but across the wider business.
- Writing technical reports and coordinating environmental consents for projects
- Managing their workload to deliver multiple deadlines across a large, fast moving, programme of design and construction work.
- Influencing, co-ordinating, championing the clients environmental services.
- Fostering good relationships with clients, regulators and stakeholders.
- Supporting business development, the delivery of environmental services and working with Design Team Leaders to identify, develop and execute new business opportunities.
A valid UK driving licence is required.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.