- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Senior Quantity Surveyor
Our client is looking for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join a busy team on a permanent basis working for Shropshire County Council.
Shropshire Council is undergoing a large scale transformation programme aimed at 'Creating a better future', which puts improving the quality of life of all local people at the heart of everything they do.
Purpose of post
The post holder will an experienced Quantity Surveyor who will be the responsible for the management, procurement and tendering of all highways and transport contacts. They will act as the liaison and manager of the relationship and performance of the contractors / consultants and will lead their team to ensure that Shropshire Councils interests are achieved and embedded into the processes and policies within the contracts teams remit.
- Be responsible for commercial performance of all HT&EM contracts and ensuring best value for the Service.
- Be principle point of contact and subject matter expert on all contractual issues within the Service.
- Act as champion for promoting contract and commercial management excellence across the Service.
- Act as Service Manager for the HD & EM contracts
- Delivery of contracts for the Service in line with legislation, contract conditions, industry standards and best practice.
- Build and maintain collaborative working relationships with principle Consultant and Service Providers Contractors and liaise on commercial issues including agreement of variations, claims and any additional payments
The post holder will be:
- Responsible to Highway Governance and Traffic Manager who is in turn responsible for the post holder's health and safety, training and development.
- Responsible and accountable for 4 FTE members of staff, acting in a supervisory/managerial capacity, monitoring performance, supporting development and undertaking annual appraisals.
- Expected to lead and/or contribute to a range of projects and build relations with both internal and external partners in order achieve specified outcomes, but will not have direct authority over those involved.
- Significant experience in a Highways/ Civil Engineering environment
- Minimum 10 years' experience in commercial management and procurement of contracts including budgetary management, financial monitoring and performance reporting and outcome assessment,
- Familiarity with NEC forms of contract.
- Demonstrable experience of active involvement in contract procurement process from concept to bid assessment, bid award and contract mobilisation.
- Proven ability to chair meetings, present information, liaise and negotiate at all levels with service delivery partners and internal corporate support functions such as finance, legal, insurance, audit business partners
- Degree in Quantity Surveying or Civil Engineering or other relevant discipline.
- Project management qualification (APM or Prince 2 or similar
- 37 hours a week
- Monday to Friday
- Flexiable working available
- This post carries eligibility to join the Local Government Pension Scheme. Information about this and other pension options will be sent with any formal offer of appointment.
- Annual leave entitlement is pro rata for 27 days per year plus additional days for long service. Bank holidays also apply. A concessionary day at Christmas Bank Holiday is at the Council's discretion.
How to Apply or for more Information:
3 simple ways to apply or get in touch
- Call Lewis Harrison directly on 01489 898 979
- Email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Full job description and personal specification available on request.
Matchtech are the largest and leading Highways and Transportation Recruitment Company in the UK.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.