- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Our client is looking for a Quantity Surveyor to join a busy team on a permanent basis working for Shropshire County Council.
Shropshire Council is undergoing a large scale transformation programme aimed at 'Creating a better future', which puts improving the quality of life of all local people at the heart of everything they do.
Purpose of post
The post holder will be supporting the management of all Highways and Transport contracts and all that the management of them maintains - performance reporting, early warning, negotiation and conflict resolution. They will act as service point of contact to support contractual queries and concerns and support colleagues in working correctly within the contractual framework.
- Assist in delivery of contacts for the Service in line with legislation, contract conditions, industry standards and best practice.
- Build and maintain collaborative working relationships with principle Consultant and Service Providers Contractors and liaise on commercial issues including agreement of variations, claims and any additional payments.
- Ensure robust accurate and timely cost and value reporting on all HT&EM contracts.
- Ensure accurate cash flow reporting and produce forecasting data.
- Interrogate data to inform corporate and management reporting of KPI's across delegated HT&EM contracts.
- Assist in the provision of technical and legal advice on contractual issues.
- Assist in the investigation of contractual issues and mediation of contractual disputes to bring about positive resolution.
The post holder will be:
- Responsible to Senior Quantity Surveyor who is in turn responsible for the post holder's health and safety, training and development.
- Expected to lead and/or contribute to a range of projects and build relations with both internal and external partners in order achieve specified outcomes, but will not have direct authority over those involved.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience within a highway/civil engineering environment.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in budgetary management, financial monitoring and performance reporting and outcome assessment.
- Familiarity with NEC forms of contract.
- Demonstrable experience in troubleshooting commercial and contractual issues and dispute resolution.
- Prioritise workflow, delegate work to team members and work to tight deadlines.
- Experience liaison and directing contractors and consultants to ensure achievement of business outcomes.
- Ability to work through external companies and internal teams to develop project experience of managing internal companies and contractors.
- Ability to develop strong and effective partnership relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to develop and nurture working relationships with internal and external teams, companies etc
- 37 hours a week
- Monday to Friday
- Flexible working available.
£36,876 - £40,760 pa
- This post carries eligibility to join the Local Government Pension Scheme. Information about this and other pension options will be sent with any formal offer of appointment.
- Annual leave entitlement is pro rata for 27 days per year plus additional days for long service. Bank holidays also apply. A concessionary day at Christmas Bank Holiday is at the Council's discretion.
How to Apply or for more Information:
3 simple ways to apply or get in touch:
- Call Lewis Harrison directly on 01489 898 979
- Email your CV to email@example.com
Full job description and personal specification available on request.
Matchtech are the largest and leading Highways and Transportation Recruitment Company in the UK.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.