- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
DE&S Security Culture and Awareness Advisor
A progressive opportunity has arisen within DE&S for Security Culture and Awareness Advisor.
In this role, you will identify and develop an Education and Awareness programme to enhance the security culture of DE&S and the SDA. This role will have a significant impact on the achievement of corporate objectives and regularly provides advice to senior personnel at the highest level within DE&S, wider Defence and Other Government Departments (OGDs).
Some of your day to day responsibilities may include:
* Baseline and assess the security culture within the organisation and identify emerging issues
* Liaise with internal and external security practitioners to facilitate knowledge sharing across the organisation and wider Government Security Profession
* Promote security conscious behaviours and good security risk management practices within the organisation.
* Empower and encourage the workforce to adopt positive security behaviours ensuring effective risk-based approach to security across the organisation
* Drive continuous improvement, tackle poor and inappropriate behaviour and encourage the sharing of best practice
* Contribute to the development of wider Government security education and awareness programmes
* Confidently deliver training and awareness to all levels across the organisation to embed understanding of security concepts
Ideally, you will have previous experience of working in a training, marketing, or similar disciplined environment. Essentially, you will have strong demonstrative communication skills, as you shall be required to effectively articulate technical concepts to a business audience.
To be successful in your application you will be able to demonstrate:
* Confidence in defining and leading effective change programme
* The ability to deliver successful training interventions.
Please note that you may be considered for similar positions at the level below the advertised role.
Successful candidates must pass a disclosure and barring security check.
Due to the nature of the role, these positions are open to UK nationals only.
To apply please send your CV to email@example.com demonstrating the following areas (which you will be assessed against):
* Key Achievements
* Career History
* Applied Skills, Knowledge & Experience
Matchtech Group Plc is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.