- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Service Engineer (Electrical Bias)
Our client, a leading water sector specialist are looking for an experienced service engineer, with an electrical bias. To start ASAP on water based projects throughout Hampshire/Surrey/Berkshire/Wiltshire/Oxfordshire.
The client will consider both contractors and permanent staff, temp-perm arrangements can be considered also. Permanent staff will have a Van & Fuel Card provided. Please note rates advertised are for contract staff. Salary is negotiable based on experience.
Undertake a range of planned and reactive service, maintenance, breakdown and repair activities on a range of water based assets. Predominantly chemical dosing plant, equipment installations and machinery on client sites across the UK
· Possession of a full, clean driving licence
· C&G 2330 Level 2&3
· BS 7671 18th Edition
· JIB Gold Card Approved Electrician
· SSSTS or SMSTS
· Scaffold Inspection Trained
· EUSR National Water Hygiene Card
· IOSH Managing Safely in Thames Water
· First Aid
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure that all tasks and works carried out comply with company standards, policies and statutory regulations in respect to health & safety.
- Ensure that all tasks and works are carried out, completed, tested and commissioned to current legislative standards and customer requirements.
- Ensure good workmanship and industry best practice is adopted and ensure a "right first-time finishing culture" is applied to maintain quality, optimisation of programmed hours and that only necessary materials are used.
- Complete and comply with all risk assessments, method statements (RAMS), safety instructions and use all equipment provided in a safe and responsible manner.
- Complete all required documentation, time sheets and sites reports and return to the administrative and management team within prescribed timescales. Use all electronic recording devices or mechanisms as introduced by the business and as instructed to do so.
- Undertake site surveys to support other departments in preparing bids, proposals, designs, and data gathering etc.
- Adopt & promote a collaborative team-based approach with colleagues across other departments and with customers, to minimise delays, share skills & expertise, problem solve and communicate to ensure best outcomes.
- Maintain personal awareness of relevant industry standards, developments and legislation. Also ensure personal qualifications and accreditations remain relevant for the role, liaising with appropriate business colleagues to ensure these are maintained in a timely manner.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.