- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Highway Contract Maintenance Engineer
The post-holder will be expected to assist with the overall management, forward planning and control of all aspects of Highways Maintenance works undertaken by the service unit.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Undertake in all aspects in the delivery of the responsive maintenance function.
- Support the delivery of the NEC3 term services contract within the Transportation services Unit
- Act in a spirit of mutual trust and co-operation with the service provider to ensure the effective delivery of projects
- Manage in a collaborative manner internal and external stakeholders in any aspect of the delivery of projects
- Collect and analysis any relevant performance data with respect to the delivery of projects and works activities.
- Deliver any internal or external highway maintenance schemes/works from customer enquiry through to final invoice. Monitor all income and expenditure to ensure viability is achieved.
- The post holder will work with the Team leader. Highways Maintenance, with footway crossing applications and enforcement action, carry out inspection of the public highway and provide information for the investigation of personal injury claims.
- The post holder will undertake with monitoring the performance of Statutory Authorities while they are working on the public highway, as required.
- Process applications for domestic or industrial vehicle crossings and take enforcement action as required.
- Work with the service provider to ensure that both the quality/works specification is achieved and budget profiles are on target.
- Supervise any Highway Maintenance schemed work from customer enquiry through to final invoice. Collate and monitor income and expenditure to ensure viability is achieved.
- Attend meetings with all Statutory Undertakers, members of the public, iVlPs, elected members or any other interested parties for all matters relating to highways maintenance or as directed by the Highway Engineering Manager or his deputy.
- Communicate effectively both written and orally with all stakeholders. Provide technical advice and information for other council units.
- Provide information to internal and external partners for the network management under the Traffic Management Act.
- The post holder will undertake such courses of study or training as are deemed necessary by the contracts manager as part of his/her training plan.
- Participate in the quality assurance system, environmental management system and health & safety system, and ensure that accreditation to BS EN ISO 9002,14001 and OHSAS 18001 is maintained.
- Participate in all Transportation Service Unit initiatives including best value. Charter Mark, IIP, and the staff appraisal scheme.
- To participate in processing the highways major work programe by recommending streets for consideration.
- Prepare any technical, financial and progress reports as directed by the Contracts Manager and provide information for performance indicators.
- The post holder will undertake any duties as may be deemed appropriate by the Highway Maintenance Manager to maintain an efficient and effective service.
- The post holder must at all times carry out her/his duties with due regard to the Council's Customer Care, Equal Opportunities and Best Value Policies and incorporating the Council's Core Competencies.
- The post holder is required to take reasonable care for the safety and health of themselves and others who may be affected by their acts; and to work with management to comply with Service/Unit procedures and protocols and with the Council's Health and Safety Policy and all guidance, instructions and risk assessments. In particular the jobholder is required to attend training relevant to their post in order to ensure their health and safety responsibilities are met.
- To understand the value of information to the council and to contribute to good information governance by keeping information safe, accurate and up to date and available to those who need it. Abide by the council's information governance policies.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.