- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Water Hygiene Technician
My Client is recruiting for 2 X Water Hygiene Technicians
Both positions are Field Service Engineer roles home based with travel 1 in the south (Portsmouth area) and the other flexible but would prefer greater London
Sal £22-25K plus Van and OT. There will be a rota to work 1 Saturday in 4 which will be paid at OT rates.
Experience in similar role is preferred. Role would evolve site visit site taking temperatures, sample collecting, shower descaling and works as part of a Hygiene Team for tank cleaning and other reactive works.
Duties may include but not be limited to:
- Visit customers sites to carry out collection of microbiological/chemical samples for laboratory analysis to ensure compliance with current legislation
- Carry out temperature monitoring of hot and cold water systems
- Complete service reports
- Fill out site logbooks and keep logbooks up to date
- Assist with cleaning and disinfection of water tanks, cooling systems and descaling calorifiers
- Assist with cleaning and flushing of closed heating/chilled systems
- Descale/disinfect showerheads/water outlets
- Inspect cold water storage tanks
- Assist with remedial works
- Have an elemental knowledge of biology and chemistry or environmental sciences
- Be practically minded
- Be able to work in a team
- Be self-managing and have the ability to work to specific deadlines, as required
- Be self-motivated and self-disciplined
- Be able to travel and work away from home as the situation requires
- Full UK driving licence essential
The job is based primarily in the south-east and home counties but may involve travel UK-wide
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.