- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Our leading global shipbuilding company are currently responsible for the build of the new fleet of vessels for the Royal Canadian Navy. The team are looking for an experienced Deputy Project Director, Build to join their team.
The Survivability Engineer will have the overall responsibility of all activities that relate to the vulnerability and recoverability within the Naval Architecture team. The role will be in partnership with the Warship Designer and Combat System Integrator and will report into the Team Lead, Naval Architecture.
- You will be required to assist in the development and implementation of the test plans, procedures and requirements tracking in all areas that are relating to the survivability of the project.
- Analyse and define the system requirements that affect the design.
- Develop the design deliverables.
- Support the technical design reviews and participate in the analysis of system requirements.
- Be involved in the technical negotiations with equipment and material vendors.
- Facilitate and oversee subcontractor development of design deliverables.
- Degree qualified in a relevant field of equivalent.
- Applicant must have a minimum of 5 years ship design experience, having worked on naval ship design, commercial shipbuilding or other large military projects.
- Previously worked with classification society rules and societies.
- Previous experience having worked preparing design products for ships and major ship upgrades.
- Previous experience with vulnerability reduction including, separation, redundancy, armoring etc and have experience with damage mitigation concepts related to CBRN (Chemical Biological Radiological Nuclear) defence.
- Understand the damage control and requirement development related to the ships survivability.
Our client offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including medical, dental and vision.
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.