- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
I am currrently looking for a Test Technician to work for an aerospace company based near Southampton.
To ensure product manufactured, serviced, calibrated and repaired is completed to a high standard, meets the requirements and expectations of the customer and is accurately recorded.
To perform testing on production and development stage products, fault analysis and repairs on customer returned product, and goods inwards testing of parts and sub-assemblies in accordance with standard operating procedures.
Include but are not limited to: -
- Test finished and repaired products to pre-defined test procedures
- Undertake fault analysis of components, products and equipment
- Repair, calibrate and service customer returns and complete associated documentation
- Prepare customer returns and finished goods ready for dispatch
- Produce test reports, test records, fault analysis, repair reports and test procedures
- Goods-inwards test of critical components including PCBs to defined test procedures
- Design, develop, manufacture and maintain test cables / jigs / equipment
- Maintain existing test equipment; specify and source new test equipment as required
- Support Engineering with model, first off and prototype build and test
- Support Trials and associated project work as require
- Undertake product build and assembly (when necessary)
- Ensure non-conforming assemblies, sub-assemblies, parts, materials and processes are identified and appropriate actions are taken to resolve the non-conformance
- Ensure that the work area is clean and tidy; all equipment, parts and consumables are located, labeled and correctly stored
- Ensure that all equipment is clean, in proper working condition, including periodic inspection, maintenance, calibration and repair before and after use
- Through practical knowledge maintain a high level of practical expertise in the products being tested
- Ensure test procedures are comprehensive and accurate prior to test
- Assist in the development of new test procedures, build procedures and work instructions in conjunction with manufacturing and engineering
- Ensure test procedures are executed accurately following the procedures and that the results are fully and correctly recorded
- Report any discrepancies with product documentation such as bills of materials, build and test instructions
- Support investigation of component obsolescence issues and evaluation of alternatives
- Ensure compliance with all HSE, Quality and IT standards and policies
- Contribute to the mentoring of less experienced personnel; acting as a role model, displaying the expected level of professional excellence at work
- At all times ensure there is appropriate and effective communication within the workplace.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.