- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Snr Portfolio Manager - RWM
Senior Portfolio Manager
As part of the Heavy Munitions IDT, working for an IPT Leader, the Senior Portfolio Manager is responsible for the management and execution of a number of complex or strategic projects associated with a large portfolio of products across all phases of their lifecycle.
Aligned to the one of the key product groups within Heavy Munitions the role will be the accountable person for delivery of the complex projects being executed for that portfolio of products, these will include a combination of from Customer or Internally funded development programmes, Process / Capability improvement programmes, delivery of product, providing a Post Design Service to the customer base.
- Provide professional Project Management across a number of projects within a portfolio of Heavy Munitions Products.
- Take responsibility for delivery of the projects included within their portfolio.
- Identify and develop follow on business opportunities related to their portfolio of products.
- Financially plan and achieve acceptable business financial objectives for orders, sales, gross margin and cash.
- Monitor and report project/programme performance for schedule, technical, financial and quality objectives.
- Responsible for ensuring that accurate forward load data is derived for projects from the business toolsets.
- Establish & maintain strong customer/supplier relationships maintaining regular communications & managing expectations.
- Take responsibility for achieving customer satisfaction.
- Proactively manage risks and opportunities to the benefit of the projects.
- Oversee the development, establishment and continuous improvement and tailoring of procedures and guidelines for operation of the project/programme, ensuring adherence to the Operational Framework and LCM mandates.
- Evaluate the performance of subordinates using appropriate objectives and ensuring continuous coaching to enhance their capability (where appropriate)
- Pro-actively engage with the talent management process.
- The role can be based at Glascoed or Washington but the successful candidate must be willing to travel and spend time at other locations, as necessitated by the role.
- Degree-level qualification or comparable experience, with demonstrable Project Management delivery experience, ideally from a comparable industry (Defence).
- Formal training in Project Management (accredited by APM, PMI or PRINCE), with knowledge of scheduling and risk software tools (e.g. MS Project & Predict!), as well as experience of SAP
- Proven track record of managing projects to time, cost and quality.
- Strong customer and supplier relationship management both internal and external.
- Leadership qualities including the ability to form project teams.
- Senior stakeholder management skills.
- Strong team working across functional and company boundaries.
- Previous working experience with European customers
German Language skills
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.