- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Combat Systems Integration Technology Manager
The company is in the business of building quality ships. Based in scenic Halifax, they are currently working on a number of significant projects for the Department of National Defence and the Canadian Coast Gaurd.
This position will be responsible for the effective leadership and management to perform independent analysis that focuses on the future to identify to the Program capabilities needed to support effective and efficient design and implementation.
- Preferred: Degree or other tertiary qualifications in a discipline of Engineering or equivalent experience
- Proven experience in the following fields:
- Engineering and/or Project Management on large, complex defence engineering projects
- Coordination with multiple complex organizations
- Extensive knowledge of integrating emerging technologies into large programs
- Detailed understanding of System Architectures
- Installation and integration of hardware and software systems on board Naval Platforms
- Knowledge of a shipyard production environment
- Experience in a team lead or management role that coordinated design activities and involved direct staff management and individual team member activity planning
- Experience working on naval ship design, commercial shipbuilding, or other large military procurement programs
- Ability to communicate effectively and persuasively in English, both orally and in writing
- Strong customer service focus
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Analyze technologies that will create efficiencies for the Program and facilitate implementation of work processes and job responsibilities associated with using future technologies
- Provide technical leadership, guidance and direction on the design, development, security, infrastructure, testing and implementation functions of future technology systems
- Develop program goals and plans for implementation of future technologies that are in compliance with the Strategic Plan
- Maintain an awareness of emerging technology initiatives and identify key implications
- Evaluate new technologies and the potential impact, and facilitate adoption of leading technologies
- Lead the efforts of the Combat Systems Integration Team in providing technical support to the Project's other engineering teams and project teams.
- Acts as the rapid knowledge transfer agent for the Program
- Foster collaborative relationships with the suppliers, practitioners, and industry organizations
- Help drive appropriate product enhancements and changes to technology roadmaps
- Support Project Management and initiatives as required for the project to succeed
- Evaluate new technologies and make recommendations with respect to their applicability or integration with existing architecture
- Attend conferences, gather information and insights and delivers content back to the Director Combat Systems Integration.
- Support a culture of teamwork, enthusiasm and a proactive nature within the Combat Systems Integration department
- Be a role model for professional behaviour and best practice within the company. Mentor and coach other members of the team as required
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.