- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Senior Systems Safety Engineer
Our leading global shipbuilding company are currently responsible for the build of the new fleet of vessels for the Royal Canadian Navy. The team are looking for an experienced Deputy Project Director, Build to join their team.
As the Senior System Safety Engineer, you will be required to work with the internal and external stakeholders to execute the Safety and Environmental program by developing the safety case and coordinating the certification of the project.
- Execute & coordinate all the safety and environmental programs across the project in relation to the safety and environmental management plan and the coordination of the certification in accordance to the certification plan.
- Plan the hazard identification, analysis & risk assessment for the project.
- Develop the safety case.
- Develop the safety & environmental requirements for the subcontractors.
- Be able to provide expertise to support in the documentation and evaluation of deliverables related to the safety and certification.
- Degree qualified in a relevant field of equivalent.
- Knowledge within one or more of the following areas (system safety engineering, naval systems, naval ship code certification, system hazard identification, safety case development, human factors, safety V&V techniques and safety at sea)
- Over 4 years' experience in a system safety engineering environment and worked on large and complex defence projects. Experience in the naval shipbuilding industry is highly advantageous.
- Previous experience developing safety cases and safety case reports.
Our client offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including medical, dental and vision.
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.