- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Our client, a leading supplier of products to the Aerospace industry, are currently looking for an experienced CATIA V5 Design Engineer to join them on a long-term contract based out of their site in Cwmbran, South Wales.
- Responsible for the design and detail modeling of a variety of suite components in order to meet programme requirements
- Produce designs to meet specified cost/weight targets
- Design Engineers will be expected to communicate effectively and professionally with customers and suppliers.
- Participate in Design Reviews throughout each phase of the New Product Introduction process
- The selection and application of materials and processes appropriate to each design element
- Ensure the successful integration of each design element within the product as a whole
- Check engineering packages
- Participate in the validation of the product (using such methods as prototyping, test, DFMEA)
- Follow and contribute to the development of the Best Practice guidelines
- From time to time, Design Engineers must be prepared to undertake tasks outside of their normal duties as requested by their immediate supervisors.
Preferred Experience, Knowledge & Qualifications
- Minimum HNC in a Mechanical Engineering related field
- Proven track record in Design Engineering - ideally within Aerospace and/or Automotive
- Understanding of the effective application of tolerances and a working knowledge of manufacturing processes such as:
- Vacuum forming
- Injection moulding
- Composite materials
- Trim and finish
- An understanding of the selection of appropriate hardware (fasteners etc)
- Protective treatments
- Solid 3D CAD skills using CATIA V5
- Experience in working in a regulated environment
- Knowledge of the aircraft/automotive interiors sector would be an advantage but not essential
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure with little supervision
- Solid planning and organisation skills
- Ability to deliver to demanding deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to establish good working relationships within and across departments
- Effective team player
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.