- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
My client is urgently looking for an experienced CAD Technician to work within their Water team, predominantly on waste water projects.
The position will be working on the Scottish Water framework.
On offer is an attractive opportunity paying up to £36,000p/a for an experienced CAD technician with Water industry experience to support the CAD manager with ongoing Waste Water projects for Scottish Water.
My client offers a range of multi-disciplinary consultancy services to their customers, driving value across their asset portfolio. They are the fastest growing consultancy in the UK and are relied upon to manage, improve, and maximise the performance of a vast range of assets vital to the effectiveness and sustainability of the UK. This range of services has recently expanded to include utilities professional services.
This vacancy for the position of Senior Technician is required to support our growing workload within the Scottish Wastewater and Water sectors.
What is the purpose of this role?
To support the Cad Manager and other team members in delivering detailed design services including production of drawings using AutoCAD and associated packages.
What will this role involve?
* Support the Design Lead/CAD Manager and other team members in undertaking a wide range of design related tasks including:
* Production of AutoCAD drawings in accordance with the company CAD procedure.
* Undertake design, and modelling activities, including use of third party software packages where appropriate.
* Comply with the companies IMS, CDM regulations and other relevant Safety and Environmental legislation.
* Take responsibility for the supervision of junior technicians to ensure timely design outputs are in accordance with programme and quality requirements.
* Maintain high technical standards, consistent with the project brief and compliance with company HSEQ requirements
What are we looking for?
* HNC/HND in Engineering, or relevant discipline (or a similar approved qualification)
* Computer literate and conversant with AutoCAD and associated 3rd party packages, and MS Office suite
* Basic project management understanding in a multi-disciplinary project environment
* Desire to develop existing skills and acquire new technical competences to enhance personal and team capability
What makes this role unique?
In addition to the opportunity to be involved in a dynamic expanding Scottish based design consultancy team we have a strong culture of developing individuals to their full potential.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.