- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Discipline Lead - Structures
Our client is a global leader in public transport infrastructure, who has specialised in the mass transit and rail market since 1957.
The main shareholders of the company are SNCF and RATP. Its ambition is to serve emerging needs for collective and sustainable mobility throughout the world. With a presence in 80 countries, the organisation manages over 3,000 projects for high-speed systems, conventional rail lines, metros and tramways throughout the world.
My client are looking to expand our Signature Team in the UK, working on high profile infrastructure projects such as Crossrail and HS2, we are building on our 50 years of success in the UK by growing our team and looking for passionate people to deliver projects across our portfolio.
We are now seeking to strengthen and grow our Engineering team in our Birmingham office, initially working as part of our Main Works Civils High Speed 2 project team, by recruiting an experienced Civil & Structural Engineer.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate a range of experience within the Civil Engineering/Transportation/Infrastructure sectors.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to further their career in a highly motivated and inspirational environment.
* Acting as external 'figurehead' and technical expert in discipline
* Lead technical excellence within the discipline
* Responsible for the discipline strategy, recruitment, training and development of staff
* Maintaining an up to date understanding of market drivers, Lead and development discipline innovations.
* Lead technical integration and collaboration with international technical networks.
* Accountable for and ensure technical delivery of discipline teams production work to agreed programme, budget and safety and quality specifications
* Accountable for CDM and compliances of discipline designs
* Management of a team and excellent leadership skills
* Experience across a wide variety of bridge and structures including highway and rail bridges on behalf of local authorities, Highways England or Network Rail
* Experience in detail design on design & build schemes
* Extensive experience using Eurocodes
* Software - Sofistik, Midas
* Relevant Degree (Civil or Structural Engineering)
* Chartered Engineer status (IStructE)
In return, we offer a very competitive salary with a comprehensive and attractive benefits package with opportunities for flexible working and career development.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.