- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Associate IT Developer
Are you an IT professional, looking to join a team at the forefront of the digital market, working with the latest technologies and shaping the future of the UK's armed forces?
We are seeking professionals to join our forward-thinking Information Technology Function that are collectively responsible for supporting the implementation and maintenance of key IT processes. DE&S have a number of vacancies across the organisation and the requirements are varied, with roles working with Robotic Process Automation, Office 365 Development, Data Services, Business Intelligence and Data Science, amongst others.
This roles enables DE&S to become a digital business by making digital services and information simpler, clearer and faster; therefore, the role will require business acumen, an ability to think conceptually, enthusiasm and innovation.
The responsibilities of the various roles may include:
- Providing Office 365 development and application support (3rd line) against an interesting and varied work programme, and the development and delivery of briefing and upskilling material to enable end users to get the best out of Office 365
- Developing Robotic Process Automation (RPA) and Office 365 based automation solutions across Defence as part of an agile team within a fast paced and demanding Automation Cell, with the opportunity to work with the latest technologies, strengthening in-house capability and growing the value-added services provided by Automation
- Building and supporting Data Analytics, Data Warehousing and Data Modelling within an agile environment
To be successful you will be:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent or with demonstrable similar working experience (in software development)
- Experienced in developing tools/applications utilising Office 365 and/or have experience of administering them
Desirable experience for these roles would include:
- Experience in using Microsoft Sharepoint, InfoPath, Power Apps, PowerBI, Flow, HTML
- Working in an agile development environment
- Experience of delivering demonstrators and explaining functionality to end users in a training environment
Desirable software experience include:
- MS SQL / SSIS
- Visual Studio
- Data Modelling (Kimball)
- SQL SSAS
- Power BI / DAX / M Language
- Blue Prism
- Automation Anywhere
You will receive a generous benefits package including a market leading pension at 21% (not including your contribution), annual bonuses, flexible working pattern to fit you, 25 days holiday +1 every year you work up to 30 days with plenty of opportunity for movement and promotion. Some of our sites include an onsite gym, onsite restaurants, cafes and much more.
Successful candidates must meet the security requirements before they can be appointed. The level of security needed is security check.
Simply click on the apply button and upload your CV which clearly demonstrates the following areas (which you will be assessed against):
- Key Achievements
- Career History
- Applied Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Open to UK, Commonwealth and European Economic Area (EEA) and certain non EEA nationals. Further information on whether you are able to apply is available here.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.