- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Principal Electrical (C&I) Engineer
There is a new opportunity for a Principal Electrical C&I Engineer to join our client based in Barrow.
As a Principal Electrical Engineer, you will be working within the department who are responsible for the systems and the requirements associated with the implementation of complex software and hardware systems. You will be working with whole boat systems, ensuring the complex electronics are delivered to a level of high Integrity.
This role will provide you with the opportunity to own develop and design a system.
Preparing design calculations to demonstrate designs meet the performance requirements
Supporting the generation of schematic diagrams
Supporting safety analysis
Writing of technical documentation (e.g. management plans, technical specifications, system design descriptions, functional design descriptions and diagrams)
Working across various project groups ensuring the designs meets the required operability, safety, security and supportability requirements
Supporting system design reviews and spatial model reviews
- BEng or equivalent
- CEng, MIET (or be able to work towards satisfying requirements for CEng) or M Inst M & C
- An understanding of instrumentation and control system theory
- An understanding of electrical circuit design and associated EMC precautions
- Technical report writing skills
- An Understanding of Safety Integrity Levels and BS EN 61508 or 61511
- Knowledge of Model Based Systems Engineering principals
- An understanding of SMART sensor technology
- An understanding of fieldbus technology
*To apply for this role, candidates must be SC cleared / clearable*
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.