- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Project Engineer - Vehicles
Are you an Automotive or military engineer with project engineering skills? If so, please get in touch to find out about this interesting opportunity with a client who has a growing large, small and custom vehicles product offering.
This organisations growth plans are based on several fantastic projects already on the high level plan and not prospects or forecasts. Projects include defence and military.
The Project Engineer will own technical and project delivery support of Vehicle Systems within the Light Vehicle Team for products on multiple programs.
The Project Engineer will be the designated lead on cross departmental collaboration. The role will require the incumbent to liaise between the Engineering Design Department and the Workshop Team Leaders to ensure all technical deliverable deadlines are met.
The Project Engineer will be required to write technical specifications and test specifications and to undertake root-cause analysis.
Additionally the Project Engineer will support the design team ensuring that any design for manufacture issues of the product are considered during the initial design phase. The Project Engineer will also be responsible for project Configuration Management and will oversee the Engineering Change Activity for each project.
In supporting the Project Manager there will also be a requirement to prepare formal (i.e. at PDR and CDR) and informal project stage reviews for the customer. The Project Engineer will be responsible for the co-ordination of any prototype construction through the establishment of structured frameworks such as Bill of Materials (BoM) and will also coordinate the transition from prototyping to full production through close liaison with the Supply Chain function.
This role will also include an element of hands-on fault-finding and testing of automotive systems to support prototype development and rig design/build and proving.
A self-motivated, flexible and competent lead engineer will thrive in this role. Someone who is capable of putting their stamp on their area of responsibility as well as the business by way of influencing a positive, productive and enjoyable culture. Meeting the customer requirements is paramount as is meeting the approved business case, to that end the individual must be capable of risk management and adopting right first time engineering principles.
- Degree / Masters level (or equivalent) in a Vehicle / Mechanical / Engineering Discipline.
- IMECHE CEng Accredited Engineering Degree or equivalent (preferred).
- Chartered Engineer or working towards Chartered engineer status (preferred).
- Ownership of the technical development of vehicle systems.
- Approval of all order delivery timescales in conjunction with the Project and Supply Chain Managers.
- Confirmation of build specifications - including sign off of Build BoM Resourcing Plan.
- Provision of technical direction to the Production Manager.
- Relationship management between Lead Engineer, Commercial, Supply Chain Manager and Production Manager.
- Reporting on weekly production milestones against a master production schedule.
- Reporting on weekly production status and stock levels of key components.
- Management of production issues, risks and opportunities.
- Identification and planning of resources needed to support bespoke build orders to meet agreed delivery dates.
- Approving of all internal and customer documentation in line with company QMS
- New product development experience from concept through to test and series manufacture.
- Conversant with 'Engineering tools' such DVP, DFMEA, FEA.
- Experience dealing with Senior and sometimes challenging individuals.
- Experience in engagement & management of engineering outsourcing deliverables based contracts.
- Experience in survivability and armouring solutions preferred.
In return, you will receive a competitive salary from £60k in addition to a generous benefits package including:
- 25 days holiday + BH
- Bonus Scheme - both Company and individual up to 10%
- Private medical insurance
- Cycle to Work
- Life assurance and critical cover (x twice your salary)
- 37.5 hours per week and early finish on Fridays
Please get in touch for more information about this exciting opportunity.
Unfortunately we are unable to consider candidates who have not been living in the UK for the prior 5 years consecutively.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.