- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Senior Software Integration Engineer (Cyber)
The company is in the buisness of building quality ships. Based in Scenic Halifax, they are currently working on a number of significant project for the Department of National Defence and the Canadian Coast Guard.
This position will be responsible for the effective management of the software interfaces to the Integrated Cyber Defence and Data Collection Systems on the project. Working as part of the Combat Team under Information Warfare, during development, production, integration, set to work and testing of the following elements:
- Overall software Architecture;
- Integration with the Cyber Defence System;
- Integration with the ship-wide data collection system;
- Integration with platform systems;
- Integration with combat systems;
- Integration with shore-based services at home and abroad.
The Senior Software Integration Specialist will collaborate with the Command Support Systems, Mission Systems Integration and Platform Systems teams to develop a comprehensive, holistic solution for the project. The Senior Software Integration Specialist will participate in the Integration Integrated Product Team (IPT) and oversee subordinate CS IPT's in the development of the combat and platform systems interfaces into the Information Warfare architecture. This role will report to the Team Lead, Naval Information Systems and Services (NavISS).
- Integrate and manage the software interfaces
- Develop plans, processes and procedures as required in support of program requirements
- Coordinate the scheduling, planning and conduct of assigned integration activities in support of program milestones
- Define the requirements for, and plan the development of, a land-based NavISS systems integration and testing environment
- Provide accurate status reports on assigned integration activities to the management team
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with internal Program personnel and external stakeholders.
- Ensure all NavISS Elements are identified, defined and approved
- Provide support in evaluating engineering change presented by the subcontractors to ensure impacts to integration activities are understood and recorded
- Support a culture of teamwork, enthusiasm and a proactive nature within the Combat Systems Engineering team
- Be a role model for professional behaviour
- Previous experience on military systems managing complex system interfaces.
- Experience with software design and development with Application Programming Interfaces (API's).
- Experience writing, managing and understanding complex Interface Control Documents (ICDs)
- Project Management qualification or equivalent experience.
- Experience with developing requirements for complex systems.
- Experience in collecting data through APIs from a large number of disparate software systems.
- Experience working in design, production and / or test on a ship construction program.
- Experience in installation, integration and management of hardware and software systems in a land-based testing environment.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.