- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Engineer - Weights
Weights Engineer - Glasgow - 6 months - £33.39ph LTD/UMB. PAYE rates also available
Purpose of Role:
To undertake a defined range of Naval Architecture and/or Structural activities in line with all relevant processes and quality requirements, supplying advice and support to designers, operations and other functions and ensuring defined objectives are achieved whilst continually maintaining quality and service requirements.
- Weight estimation
- Margins Policy
- Weight monitoring & control
- Check Weighing
- Displacement Check
Tasks and Activities:
- Develop Ship design specifications under guidance and carry out Structural Engineering Design activities in line with specifications and all quality and technical standards, examples being development of Scantling Plans, General Arrangements, Hydrodynamics and Structural Calculations.
- Participate fully in developing, maintaining and modifying Naval Architecture processes and procedures in assigned areas in response to technical developments and operational need.
- Carry out technical analyses and investigations, including evaluation and selection of technical options, and prepare reports with suggested recommendations to support the design of improvements.
- Prepare technical equipment specifications; develop designs in line with all specifications and standards, create and manage set of Naval Architecture design rules.
- Contribute to process improvement within the operational and/or engineering team to deliver continuous improvements in quality, cycle time and asset utilisation.
- Liaise with customers and/or suppliers in assigned areas on engineering matters.
- Make Naval Architecture and/or Structural Engineering decisions within own sphere of responsibility and delegated authority.
- Contribute to engineering team decisions to support the effective performance of the team
- Answer technical queries about own work within their level of knowledge and competency
- Typically degree qualified (not essential), likely to be in a technology, engineering or science related discipline
- Working towards the requirements for registration as Incorporated Engineer or Chartered Engineer with the Engineering Council
- Minimal experience in engineering or a defence related industry.
- Possesses good knowledge of most aspects within current discipline
- Able to perform analysis using recognised analytical tools and to make sound judgements
- Has sufficient capability to be able to make correct trade-off decisions
- Experience in a Structural Engineering or Ship Design environment.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing to management and peers.
- Displays flexibility through response to radical changes.
- Strong understanding of Detail Design
- Requirements as immediate customer in Engineering Lifecycle
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.