- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Principal Engineer-Naval Architect
Principal Engineer - Naval Architect - Barrow - £55/hr LTD - 12 Months
To work within the Naval Architecture Department, providing design and analysis tasks in support of the company's programmes for submarines and surface ships. Opportunity to see the full project life cycle from concept to operational handover and in service support.
The naval architecture team encompasses four key functional areas of hydrostatics, hydrodynamics, infrastructure support and concept design, experience of contractor can be tailored towards working in one of these areas
As the oil industry is currently in recession we are seeing quite a few ex oil industry CV's that have a heavy focus on Structural design and classification, what we are really after is expertise in hydrodynamics, hydrostatics, whole boat design as well as experience in Naval Architecture cad systems such as PARAMARINE / FORAN /AVEVA/NX/RHINO/AUTOCAD
- Professional/Chartered status supported by a degree or equivalent in Naval Architecture or Marine Engineering.
- Knowledge of submarine or surface ship design standards and processes.
- Stability analysis using packages such as Paramarine, Aveva or FORAN.
- CAD packages such as Rhino or AutoCAD.
- Hydrodynamic analysis, including CFD tools such as FLUENT or STARCCM.
- Experience of model testing and trials.
- In excess of five years working in a senior naval architect role
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.