- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Building Services Coordinator
One of our favourite local authority clients are looking for a Building Services Coordinator on a permanent basis, based out of Andover the role is with Test Valley Borough Council. For more information please call Adam @ Matchtech on 01489 898881
Main Job Purpose
To manage 'Building Services' within the Council's buildings and on Council land, including the specification, procurement and maintenance of HVAC (Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning) systems, electrical, gas and water installations, and fire and intrusion alarms. Ensure that all work is carried out in accordance with client briefs and specified requirements, such as Council Standing Orders, RICS guides, British and European Standards, Building Standards, relevant sustainability regulations, statutory and other controls, CBM regulations, etc. Provide line management support to and Assistant Building Services Engineer.
Main responsibilities and duties
1. Undertake a rolling programme of planned preventative maintenance reports for building services installations at all of the Council's properties. Prioritise necessary maintenance work. Compile a detailed inventory of all M&E (Mechanical and Electrical) plant and installations through inspection of all the Council's properties.
2. Manage and re-tender term service contracts for M&E installations. Ensure that the service providers comply with the contract terms, attend client contractor meetings, monitor KPIs and approve payments.
3. Project manage the procurement of M&E plant and systems on time, to specification and within budget. Act as the project lead on procurement activities from inception, through feasibility, design, tender documentation, contract administration, financial management to final account and signing off defects. These activities would be undertaken in conjunction with the Council's Procurement Officer and Legal team
4. Provide professional and technical advice on all matters relating to the design and maintenance of the Council's building services installations, including emergency repairs and energy efficiency schemes.
5. Undertake projects to remedy specific non-compliance issues relating to building services installations.
6. Arrange routine cyclical inspections of buildings services installations to ensure all M&E installations are compliant with regulations and compliance certification is kept up to date.
7. Advise on energy efficiency improvements and schemes to reduce the Council's carbon footprint and energy expenditure. Arrange for Energy Performance Certificates and Display Energy Certificates to be obtained and updated. Monitor and advise on the implications of the Minimum Energy Efficiency Standards Regulations. Monitor and report on the potential impact of the Housing & Planning Act 2016. Compile and send data to the Department for Communities and Local Government (e.g. regarding heat networks).
8. To ensure that service delivery complies with current regulations, accepted professional standards, the Council's policies and procedures and appropriate legislation. This includes legislation on equalities, health and safety and safeguarding children and vulnerable adults.
Building Services maintenance and projects form part of the Council's annual budgets of approximately £1.5 million for planned maintenance and approximately £600k for cyclical and reactive maintenance. This post-holder will be responsible for the delivery of projects worth up to £300k (per project).
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.