- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Instrument Field Engineer
Exciting opportunity for two Instrument Field Engineers to join a company providing industrial gas production facilities to the NHS and other industries.
Currently, we are looking for two Instrument Field Engineers, based in the UK, who will be a part of the European Field Maintenance organisation which provides maintenance services to all the Industrial Gases production facilities in the UK and Northern Continent regions. Applicants must be comfortable with regular travel. Roles are currently UK focused, but will expand to include Europe.
The nature of the position is to supervise and perform troubleshooting, preventative and corrective maintenance, and modification of control and Instrumentation systems and equipment. You will also help plan, prepare and execute major maintenance activities, support construction activities for plant improvement projects and commissioning activities for new plants and additions to existing production plants.
As the Instrument Field Engineer, you will:
* Respond to any major occurrence of plant breakdown, carry out prompt inspection, analyse the fault, repair and re-commission affected plant and equipment to assure the minimum loss of production
* Provide maintenance support to operating facilities, including maintenance technical support, as well on-site routine or major shutdown related maintenance.
* Work closely with shutdown Planners to ensure work is planned, prepared and executed in a safe, cost effective and timely manner
* Supervise contractors and/or Air Products staff and ensure that the work is adequately planned and executed safely at a high level of effectiveness
* Carry out plant modifications according to central design specification, submit self-generated design changes to specialist technical engineers for approval before implementation. For some projects, you will be required to generate scope, determine costs, obtain approval and execute the work scope.
* In association with the Maintenance Systems group, review and update the technical content of the preventive maintenance procedures and recommending changes where improvements in safety, quality or economy may be affected
* Provide training to Air Products, joint venture, and third-party personnel in maintenance practices
As the Instrument Field Engineer, you will have:
* Proven experience as an Instrument Field Technician/Engineer in an industrial gases environment and displayed technical proficiency in dealing with the broad variety of control and instrumentation systems and equipment found in plants
* Demonstrated initiative and the ability to work unsupported and make an effective contribution to the department objectives
* Completion of a Formal Instrumentation Apprenticeship, HNC or equivalent
* The ability to read instrumentation drawings, trip panel drawings, logic diagrams and tables, PLC and DCS configuration
* Good verbal and written communication in English
* Flexibility to travel across Europe
For more information, please either get in touch or apply with your latest CV.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.